View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Iunepeace
Baha Guy

Zone: 12b
Name: Dan
BananaBucks : 40,329
Said "Thanks" 2,453 Times
Was Thanked 229 Times in 147 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 236 Times
Default Re: Potting soil advice (newbie)

Very nice Mary! We certainly are a minority but the rest don't know what they're missin'

Here is my Super Dwarf Cavendish being grown in a container from summer 2014 to January of this year (started it in a 5 gallon as a pup and upped to 15 at the end of summer):

I admit I've been a bit irregular with fertilizing but the naner has still grown very well. I just picked up some Ammonium Sulfate (with my hard tap water I need as much acidification as I can get) and will try to keep up a better regimen and see how they respond. Also have some slow-release Sunniland 6-4-6 Citrus Avocado & Mango fertilizer that I will add a couple tablespoons of to the container. How are your bananas?

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors