View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pancrazio

Zone: 8b-9a
BananaBucks : 55,199
Said "Thanks" 187 Times
Was Thanked 254 Times in 107 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 11 Times
Default Re: Veinte Cohol blooming!

The pstem is just 120cm tall. Keep in mind that i uprooted it twice, last winter and this winter, to grow it in pot till spring, so the stress may have had a role in keeping the plant small and inducing an early flowering (and naturally, reducing the bunch size/quality). In addiction, since I'm at latitude of 44N, my plant can be a little etiolated compared to the ones you can get. I used Dr. Fonsah paper to do my predictions on flowering size and i found that pstem circumference also seems a good indication of the flowering size.

To be honest I do think that Veinte cohol is as good as it can get when it comes to pot growing. 120cm is really a small plant, and can effortless fit in any room even with low ceilings. Plus, this cultivar is very quick to flower, and reaches flowering height in just two season at my place, starting from a corm.
There's nothing else, as far as i know, with all those good qualities. The only bad quality of this plant is its frost tenderness, but for indoor growing this isn't an issue.

Italian fruit forum
Pancrazio is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Pancrazio
Said thanks:
Sponsors