View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Longwoods Tropicals

Zone: 6
BananaBucks : 31,396
Said "Thanks" 53 Times
Was Thanked 244 Times in 73 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default Ensete Glaucum experiment.

Without a doubt after this year that the snow banana or ensete glaucum is my favorite banana, it's graceful yet muscular form is a winner. I purchased two tiny seedlings and grew them out slowly for a year before planting them this spring as two foot plants. They both topped out over ten feet high, with pseudostems of five feet.

Their seeds are known as being fairly easy to germinate as far as bananas go, I tried some a few years back to no avail, so I am trying to reproduce them by division.

Here it is before division.

Just after the not so even division. They were treated with bio fungicide at this time.

And potted out and ready for winter and some vigorous new growth, I hope.

I'll update when and if signs of growth are visable.

Regards Harold
Longwoods Tropicals is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Longwoods Tropicals
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors