View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Nate74

Zone: 8B Elevation 133m/436ft
BananaBucks : 35,906
Said "Thanks" 113 Times
Was Thanked 243 Times in 60 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 91 Times
Default Esente Questions

Hi there, pretty sure this is my first post here but I have been lurking around for a while.I didn't want to hijack anybody elses post to ask some questions so I thought it best to start a new topic.

I bought this one and 2 others at the end of season on the discount rack at HD and wintered them in the garage last year.While they seemed to fill out nicely I didn't manage to get much vertical growth. Any suggestions for fertilizer (what and how often) I am pretty new to palms and tropicals so any help would be great

I am in Abbotsford BC which I think is Zone 8b depending on the map I look at and this one gets full sun until 5 pm or so ( pic is taken facing south) the other two are in the back yard and get full sun from about 10am until sun down. I watered every day but really wasn't sure about ferts so that was pretty sporadic.

Thanks in advance.
Nate

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors