View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
crazy banana

Zone: 9-11
BananaBucks : 9,409
Said "Thanks" 3,021 Times
Was Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,115 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,969 Times
Default Re: Blue Java Journal

Congratulations on your new plant. I hope it will grow and fruit fast for you. Put it in the shade with very little water (if at all) until you see new growth. The roots were dusted with mycorrhizae, so you should see some new growth quick.

Fruit: keep in mind that it is a fruit from the "casualty bunch" which was not fully developed or ripe yet with only hanging for three month even though it is one of the fatter ones.
However, I have put about 10 of my bananas in a paper bag with some overripe apples and happily noticed the first color changes already. We will have to see.
Give it time to change color completely to yellow. It is not the yellow of a supermarket Cavendish. It is a pale yellow, still with the silverish coating. The fruit should be super soft to the touch to enjoy its creamy custardy flavor, but again: it was not meant to be harvested yet and I do not know if we will be able to enjoy its full flavor like it could have been without that darn storm.
crazy banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To crazy banana
Said thanks: