View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Aranon
Nanner Noob

Zone: 5
Name: Rodney
BananaBucks : 21,511
Said "Thanks" 8 Times
Was Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Musa basjoo not coming back

So I planted a few Musa Basjoo plants in the yard last year and they grew fairly well over the summer. When winter hit it killed the leaves so I cut the plants back and covered them with a planter pot, and a trash bag full of leaves, then built a metal cage around them and put even more leaves in. Should have been the perfect protection but to this day they have not come back, the pstem I left above ground rotted as I expected but nothing came up from the corm. I am fairly disappointed. I keep going outside hoping to see some new growth even if it is too late in the summer but still nothing..

Any idea as to what happened? Granted last summer they weren't 10 feet tall plants but they had plenty of pups. I'm in Nebraska so we get cold winters but they had good protection from the cold.
Aranon is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Aranon
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors