View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
shawndac1

Zone: zones 7-8
BananaBucks : 42,982
Said "Thanks" 274 Times
Was Thanked 92 Times in 52 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Re: whats wrong? pewnny banana

hmmm maybe this is the case it it so sloooow growing lol I mean I have had it a year and got two leaves I hate this because it is the hardyiest and was hoping I could plant it outdoors this year but I rekon not lol, so even if it is tc will it still produce pups and a corm??? and I have them both planted in a sand/perilite and top soil mix but all equal parts, and I do keep it watered well but our summer just started where I live so it hasn't been very hot up until the last couple of weeks I did look at the roots today to see if they where staying to moist and noticed most of the roots are a dark brown or black there are only a few good solid white one so im thinking it has been staying to wet maybe it needs more sand? im using natural sand from a creek bed down the road from out house is this a bad idea??? I just cant understand the Orinoco roots are very healthy and tons of white on them, jst confusing lol how one can be doing great and the other so poor when in the same pot same sun and same soil with same fertilizer, but I will try moving to a place with a little more shade also here are a few pics of where they are both bananas are on each end of rail road tie in the biggest pots

Last edited by shawndac1 : 06-20-2014 at 02:37 PM.
shawndac1 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To shawndac1
Said thanks: