View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pancrazio

Zone: 8b-9a
BananaBucks : 61,859
Said "Thanks" 187 Times
Was Thanked 258 Times in 107 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 11 Times
Default Dwarf namwah overwintered with the bigdog method

Finally my dwarf namwah which i have overwintered using the method shown by bigdog has resumed its growth. I haven't seen any evidence of this method working with any other cultivar than Orinoco, so i think this may be useful to share (maybe I have just been bad at searching for it, who knows).

This is the plant the very day I moved it out of the cellar, it was in the beginning of April.

It was 130 cm tall which I think may have helped, since i tried the same method with a smaller plant 2 years ago and didn't work. I guess that the bigger the plant, the more drought resistance there is, so the plant can cope better with the stress. It took two solid months to start going again, but this is really due out cold springs, way colder than the ones in the south of the USA. I guess that in hotter places the plant can resume solid growth in just 4-6 weeks from planting. I removed it from soil on middle November and moved it back in the garden around the first day of April.

Italian fruit forum

Last edited by Pancrazio : 06-14-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Pancrazio is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Pancrazio
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors