View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
crazy banana

Zone: 9-11
BananaBucks : 10,144
Said "Thanks" 3,021 Times
Was Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,115 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,969 Times
Default Re: What Banana's did I see shopping..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2 View Post
Did you go back and tell them there was an error? If not, they haven't a clue what they're selling to their other customers. I don't always get a positive reply when I complain but I do let them know there was an error. How can they do better if nobody speaks up? I don't care if it's 2 years later--I save receipts, pots and tags. (Yes, I've received refunds after the the "guarantee" period.)

Since you know what you were mistakenly sold, then you have a duty to others to let the stores know they've been misled. BTW, the only banana I purchased from Lowes was marked DC and was precisely that.
I did, but not out of duty. I did it because I was mad as hell of myself that I had fallen for their crap. Hello, it is a big box store, right? And I did return the plant labeled as a Blue Java Icecream from La Verne. What I did not know when I returned it: the plant already had a pup in the ground which happily grows in my yard today in 3rd generation. All I know even with my unexperienced eyes is, that it is certainly not a Blue Java. It has more red in its P-stem and in its leaves than I have blush in my make-up kit. It has fruited once and it did not look even close to my "real deal" Blue Java from Jon.
But seriously Kat, these big box stores do not care if you return a mislabeled plant or not. It is simply quantity over quality and most people are probably just fine by buying " A Banana Plant" . Have seen many plants labeled just that and they sell just like that.
crazy banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To crazy banana
Said thanks: