Thread: Going citrus
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Kat2

Zone: 10A or 9B ish. Like it matters?
BananaBucks : 239,630
Said "Thanks" 2,921 Times
Was Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,322 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 595 Times
Default Re: Going citrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyc View Post
Kat, Centennial is a nice variegated kumquat that is pretty widely available. I bought a tree here in California at Costco.
Stop tempting me! If I had the space, I'd be on a buying spree where it doesn't snow or not really!!

I know where to get what I want for now but am not going there and didn't when I was 20 miles away. As it is, I just ogle plants of all types because I insist on seeing the nursery section of any store. But rarely do I make a purchase unless off the clearance rack since they're a lost cause and I feel their pain knowing they won't come back to life so I take them home for their final gasp and to stick them in the compost.

Traitors!

My $1 gardenia (2 in the pot and I left 6 starts in Jvillee) and a Yellow wing hibiscus (6 plants in that wilted pot that are blooming daily in 6 new pots) now comfily settled just giggle and stare at me then say "we need more friends, Mom. Get your wallet out!" ACK! I'm beyond sick--glad I don't belong to Costco and just traipse around Walmart and Lowes most often. (I broke down at the flea market this past week and spent $5 on 2 more hibiscus (both have 6 plants in the pot!); 1 is a peach bishop and the other a "totally edible one. Not sure where I'll buy cheap "can't live without stuff" like saws and such or tomatoes but I dare not return--ever.)