View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Coug99

Zone: 8
BananaBucks : 60,989
Said "Thanks" 48 Times
Was Thanked 126 Times in 58 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Joy When to move my bananas back outside

I have about 13 bananas I have in 50 gallon pots that I kept in my sunroom over the winter and am just curious when it would be safe to take them outside. I live in washington state in zone 8, our temperatures have been in the low 60's with lows at night in the mid 40's. The species I will be taking out include Ice cream (8.5' tall, cut down from 11' to fit in the sunroom), Dwarf namwah (7' tall and one about 5' tall), Grain Nain (7' tall), Orinocco (6' tall), Double mahoi (4' tall), and several Dwarf and super dwarf cavendishes that I will leave inside. All of these bananas are about 2-3 years old. We had a nice surprise the past 2-3 days with highs in the 80's but we are suppose to go back down to highs in 61-65F. The heat and humidity in the sunroom really woke things up and now some of the nanas are growing and hitting the ceiling and bending the leafs. Just want to get things growing but don't want to kill my hard work. Thanks in advance.

Chris
Coug99 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Coug99
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors