Thread: Flaviflora??
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
mskitty38583
banana junkie

Zone: 7b
Name: mskitty
BananaBucks : 188,551
Said "Thanks" 82 Times
Was Thanked 890 Times in 617 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 136 Times
Default Re: Flaviflora??

oh i forgot you went home for the holidays, im sorry. i was just wondering if the wild banana( like in hawaii, or other parts of the world) is in such decline, could they not use seed to replace them? if there is a such thing as a seeded wild banana still left on the planet?( i dont know if there is or not.) and if there is a such thing, could we not get the seeds to reintroduce these said wild bananas? i was only asking because i read a few post about their decline(wild nanas) and it seems that everyone wants the "new " bananas,and are they trying to tc. or raise the wild one from the dead to keep them from going extinct? i was trying to keep it simple, but my mind dosent work that way sometimes. thats why i asked if seed could be sent to the mainland from hawaii.( is it my misunderstanding that hawaiian nanas cant be shipped to the u.s. because of a fungus or a diease- was wondering if it was the same for seeds) thank you.

mskitty38583 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To mskitty38583