View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
trebor

Zone: POMPANO BEACH, FL Zone 10
BananaBucks : 108,654
Said "Thanks" 845 Times
Was Thanked 1,329 Times in 483 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 256 Times
Default Re: epson salt or cotton hulls????

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndac1 View Post
Has anyone used epson salts or cotton hull seeds to fertilize? I've read they can both be good I have used cooton hull on myveggie garden and my plants grow like crazy it stays warm and has a manure smell to it it can get so hot though that the hulls wll literly smoke in the dead summer heat I may use them as a winter protection on my musa an orinoco considering it holds the heat so well )
Epson salt ! Yes I have use it for years but not so much as a fertilizer rather a mineral. Also have used seaweed that I do not wash simply because it has salt in and on it. In a hydroponic garden you add Epsom salt every time you add fertilizer.
COTTON HULLS Woo Hooo! never had the opportunity to get any but next time I can get some I'm going to try and see how it works. The heat generated is more likely from its breaking down and turning into compost .. Compost is an excellent addition to any plant.. Im thinking a few more peeps will send more and better info than I have to offer .. There a a few really big brain on this list

If ya can't eat it, it ain't growing in my back yard !
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To trebor
Said thanks: