View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kat2

Zone: 10A or 9B ish. Like it matters?
BananaBucks : 239,635
Said "Thanks" 2,921 Times
Was Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,322 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 595 Times
Default Re: Bananas Will Be Gone

Try to avoid Leisure World; those fees will eat you alive. Do you have to be spitting distance from DC? (LW is not.) Have you checked out townhouses? Really looked outside the area? Searched realtor.com ruthlessly?

Ages ago when I sold RE I had a client who could not afford SS/TP/etc. They found a new townhouse near Fort Meade for which I wouldn't earn a commission; I was fine with that since they'd become friends in 6 months of looking. (Lots of authentic Indian Sunday dinners at their apartment.)

My clients were so ticked that they refused to sign the contract until the agent found me another client. Just so happened an older couple had visited earlier looking for a used TH. My customers waited while I showed a house I'd never seen! That evening my friends had purchased a new house and I'd sold an old one because the sellers were leaving an old upright in the basement. Strange day.

What about Laurel? Find a creative agent. Please don't throw in the towel without exhausting all hopes of finding a little bit of land that's yours.