View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #496 (permalink)
caliboy1994
<div style="font-style: italic;"><div style="font-style: italic;"></div></div>

Zone: USDA zone 10a; Sunset zone 18/19
Name: Andreas
BananaBucks : 250,623
Said "Thanks" 1,474 Times
Was Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,148 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 236 Times
Default Re: Climate change hoax exposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBoy1981 View Post
So instead of using a renewable resource in trees for paper, your school has opted to use electronics that use electricity which is more than likely produced from a non-renewable resource? The most "green" way to go through college would be going back to the old school pen and paper.
Actually, if you read what I'd said, you'd know my school gets most of its power from renewables, namely solar and wind. My university is well on its way to becoming climate neutral. And also, cutting down trees and making paper creates greenhouse gas emissions, even though trees are a renewable resource. Once you cut down a tree, all of the biomass it has stored over its lifetime eventually gets converted into carbon dioxide and methane. And on top of that, that tree is no longer there to suck up CO2 from the atmosphere and store it. Not to mention how terrible clear cutting forests is for soil.

Find me on linktree here as Solarpunk Farmer:
https://linktr.ee/solarpunkfarmer

Last edited by caliboy1994 : 01-29-2014 at 05:54 PM.
caliboy1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To caliboy1994
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors