View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 05:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kat2

Zone: 10A or 9B ish. Like it matters?
BananaBucks : 238,656
Said "Thanks" 2,921 Times
Was Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,322 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 595 Times
Default Re: What are the rules on collecting bananas in Florida?))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tywarber View Post
I might have a place to stay around west palm. But I'm still working on when that would be. Honestly until today I didnt realize their was a site like this where people have wheel barrows full of corms or anything other then tissue culture plants so I'm excited to have these kind of contacts for awesome plants at cheap prices because I would probably pay ten times as much at like tyty bananas, florida nursery, or any other big company. But I also want to come down there an do the work myself so it's also about the adventure of going there an just being in the tropics again.
Choose your vendors wisely; 1 of those you mentioned I've avoided since the 80s. The system is not perfect but Garden Watchdog is a community of other customers reporting their experiences with plant/seed/accoutrement/supplies sellers and, albeit sometimes awkward, a place to search for vendors that sell specific items that a web search may not uncover. Guide to Gardening by Mail, Mail Order Gardening, and Catalogs (BTW, I've purchased from the Michigan bulb companies and done fine but know that I'm getting puny sticks I need to baby and not everything will grow.)