View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
remelad

Zone: 6-7
Name: remelad
BananaBucks : 7,312
Said "Thanks" 3 Times
Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Dwarf Cavendish issues, new to banana growing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckfood View Post
This is pretty common for bananas living inside... My best answer is the lack of humidity, heat and sunlight... A lot of my bananas are looking like the ones in your photo gallery... Just keep in mind that they are starting to go dormant, not dying...

If you want to try to supplement your plant with grow lights, there are several threads in here with a lot of information that will help...

You can also raise your thermostat by about 10 degrees, but I would hate to see your heating bill if you do...

I keep a spray bottle to try to keep the leaves from losing too much moisture...

This is my third winter keeping bananas inside over the winter, and I have about 30 in here now... Once March or April rolls around, and I am able to get them back into nature, they will bounce back... At least they always have before...

Hope I helped a little...
Thanks for the input. It just bothers me that when a leaf finally looks nice it starts browning. Now they all seem to be doing it, on the two larger ones anyway. The little transplant the I sliced off is doing great. I am thinking about doing a UV light to supplement the bananas and the other plants that are stuck inside this winter. The leaves were loaded with water drops but have slowed down. What is a P stem or stalk?
remelad is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To remelad
Said thanks: