View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
voyager

Zone: 12a
BananaBucks : 31,900
Said "Thanks" 36 Times
Was Thanked 78 Times in 36 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default OK, Let's Start this All Over Again: This is group 1 of 4

While I've read and perused through the Hawaii Banana Book, my knowledge of bananas is still too skimpy to weed through the info in the book in order to make an ID myself, too many things I do not understand yet.

Here is the 1st clump of plants [the same as in my first ID request post].

The next 5 photos are of the 5 suckers starting from the clump'

The blossom has developed to this point since I first noted it, what 2 weeks ago?

The petioles look like this:

Is more info need to get a likely ID on these?

While cleaning them up prior to taking the new photos, I found what appears to be LFA nests under the old dried sheaths on the stems of the plants. I shall begin warring on them soon. I've been getting bitten by them regularly since starting to clear up the property. Even though I don't develop welts from their bites, I'm getting tired of it.

I'll post the other 3 groups in separate posts. There are at least 2 more types of bananas located here.
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To voyager
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors