View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
twotallgirls

Zone: 10A
BananaBucks : 18,288
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 206 Times in 69 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Re: Buy now or later?

Thanks everyone for the info! There is a lot to digest on the site (yeah!) but seems everyone's experience growing over the winter is quite varied. I can't do the grow lights right now but can keep seedlings warm, humid in sunroom (4 hrs. direct). I'm hoping to push forward as much as I can over the winter with my light (and budget) limitations. My goal is still eating bananas from my garden by December 2014. Just wanted to get a feel for banana strategy (is it realistic)... If folks here have successfully brought a Rajipura to fruit in 12 months with some of my limitations. I think that what I like about growing bananas, the uncertainty but with potential tasty payoff (plus driving your kids crazy)

Darkman, I'll definitely touch base with you if i can. I'm sorry I missed the get together earlier this month but just discovered this site.

Thanks!