View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
twotallgirls

Zone: 10A
BananaBucks : 18,298
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 206 Times in 69 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Buy now or later?

New to the forum and wanted to get some advice. I’m just moved to zone 8b (Pensacola) and would really like some fruit a year from now. I brought 2 D. Cavendish with me in the move, planted in July and will do my best to protect them this winter . What I’d like to know is when is best time to purchase plants… I’m thinking of buying Raji pura and Dwarf Nawah now, keeping them inside until early spring, then in the garden. Does that give me a leg up? Or would it just be better to wait until early spring and purchase/plant them then? If Raji Pura can flower early (my goal is to get fruit next year!) is it better to have them aged or is growing conditions better? I have florida room that gets 4 hrs. direct sun a day (lots of difused ligh). I’m growing seeds now for landscaping but dog-gone, I’d like some fruit. Suggestions?

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors