View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
GreenFin

Zone: 6a
BananaBucks : 87,300
Said "Thanks" 1,396 Times
Was Thanked 939 Times in 334 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 44 Times
Default Re: This Truly Tiny Is a SDC??

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy17 View Post
Don at Going Bananas had reported fruiting success with the Cavendish-type Truly Tiny?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy17 View Post
So it would appear then that the original Truly Tiny was without a doubt a Super Dwarf Brazilian, but somewhere along the way got confused with the Cavendish Super Dwarfs. Later, most all commercially sold Truly Tiny TC were some kind of Cavendish.
I'm wondering if the original TT corm from Truly Tropicals was actually a Cavendish and if jeffreyp was given faulty info (I don't think he's said that he personally ate the fruit himself to verify the Brazilian flavor, I think he just received info from Truly Tropicals long ago and then shared that info here).

If Agri-Starts has had the same clone line going from that original corm this whole time, then if the TT tc's from Agri-Starts are Cavendish now, the original would have been a Cavendish, too. I think the current TT tc's from Agri-Starts are Cavendish. It's possible that the original corm was Brazilian and that Agri-Starts replaced it with an SDC sport somewhere along the way, but it seems more likely that the original corm was Cavendish and that there was just some early miscommunication about it being Brazilian.

www.GreenFinGardens.com
GreenFin is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To GreenFin
Said thanks: