View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
RyanL

Zone: 7B
Name: RyanL
BananaBucks : 7,304
Said "Thanks" 6 Times
Was Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default Recomend me a few dwarf varities

Hello everyone! I want to grow some bananas for the first time and I'm looking for some recommendations from the experts!

I'm not a total noob, I do have about 25 different varieties of citrus in my greenhouse so, I do somewhat understand the tropical fruit growing requirements but I am definitely new to bananas.

What I'm looking to do is grow them all in containers, grow dwarf or varieties under 10Ft (that's about as tall as my greenhouse is) and lastly but probably most importantly, I'm looking for great tasting varieties!

Also, what container size do you think would be required for getting them to fruit successfully?

I want to start with about 4 varieties and go from there. Please recommend me a few that you think would fit the bill. I've herd good thins about dwarf bazillion...
RyanL is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To RyanL

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors