View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
okay

BananaBucks : 5,029
Said "Thanks" 5 Times
Was Thanked 25 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Joy Blooming Super Dwarf Cavendish and Dwarf Orinico

For the first time in many years growing ornamental bananas I have 2 different edible bananas blooming. I'll need to let them ripen indoors this winter. The Super Dwarf Cavendish is easy to bring in. The Orinoco is probably pushing 10-12 feet (total with pot) , and I'm not sure whether to bring it into the family room where it spent last winter (and lost all but one leaf) or the garage which is really not tall enough. I've read that in a pinch you can put the green bananas in a bucket of water in a garage or basement to ripen, but since it is in a pot (although huge) I'd rather try to bring it into the house in the pot. In the picture of the Orinoco you can see the Cavendish underneath it.

Any tips for eating bananas this winter? I live in zone 7b - Virginia - so outside is definitely not an option.

Len

okay is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To okay
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors