View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
pmurphy
always pushing the limits

Zone: 8B
Name: Pam
BananaBucks : 55,551
Said "Thanks" 168 Times
Was Thanked 512 Times in 214 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,312 Times
Default A good day to buy plants :)

I just had to share my good fortune in acquire some very unusual plants.....at least for me. Up here in Canada there are not many people into "exotic" tropical fruit trees because:
1) they are very hard to come by
2) they usually get too big to handle

As luck would have it, I came across a gentleman very similar to myself; just has to try and grow these plants. Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for me) he is being forced to get rid of the plants he has spent years growing from seed because he lives in an apartment.......I could not believe what he had in this little room that would normally be his living room. And to my even greater luck, most of what he was growing is edible.......I think I'm in heaven

My "haul" included
* Blackberry Jam Plants x3
* Star Fruit
* Ice Cream Bean
* Egg Fruit
* Calabash
* Tropical Almond
* Brazilian Cherry
* Carob
* Tree Tomato
* Rose Apple
And all for only $60!

And believe it or not but he was growing them in tiny 4 - 6 inch clay pots! (I spent the afternoon repotting)

I know some of these will get really big, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.........
pmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To pmurphy
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors