View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #64 (permalink)
G.W.
Aspiring BUY LOCAL farmer

Zone: 9b
BananaBucks : 16,699
Said "Thanks" 43 Times
Was Thanked 261 Times in 144 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Re: FHIA 17 tally game

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpatelski View Post
Okay so the game is delayed....at least let us compare notes on how we arrived at our numbers or what we would have guessed if we could have changed our guess. Maybe a range of...

I first tried to count the bananas showing..just like G.W. I lost track quickly. Then I looked up some stats about FHIA 17 like average production in field tests. So the average in this test was 13.6 hands and 16.6 fingers= 226. But Like G.W said his hands were more consistent with 14 fingers.
Then Abnsherk posted " There's 90-something showing on the front side.. what's that tell you.. :^). So I put up tracing paper to a blown up version of the picture, then I numbered each banana-113 bananas showing=doubled is 226...
G.W. said you cannot go over so I backed it off to 215.
basing
A number lower than 238 would be more accurate basing the count on fingers that will fill, or realistic instead of absolute.
226 is a great starting guess

The extra fingers come in in the first hand with 30.

My apologies for being late.
I'd been tethering a tablet to my smart phone, but then the phone self bricked and it all came grinding to a halt.
So far I've been unsuccessful in repairing the phone so.... dig out the laptop that crashed in Jan, new OS, pirated wifi, TADA !!!

Honestly it was so liberating to be FREE of the phone.... FREE !!!

I swear I'm gonna get a tinfoil shoebox on the nightstand just so I can say " Nope never got a call from you.... Sure it was right there on the nightstand.... The alarm went off so I'm sure it was on..... un huh....."

WTF is a liar ?
G.W. is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To G.W.
Said thanks: