View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
Iunepeace
Baha Guy

Zone: 12b
Name: Dan
BananaBucks : 40,335
Said "Thanks" 2,453 Times
Was Thanked 229 Times in 147 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 236 Times
Default Re: These Banana Are.....?

Thanks again for the quick replies.

Good to know that the fingerage on the hands are not over the expected amounts for the Bluggoe Keith (nice pun by the way), and correct if I'm wrong but those in the ABB group don't exhibit pinkage right? I'm pretty sure the pups on this one had pink tints growing up.

You're certainly putting my hopes up Rob lol. I'd love for this to be an Ice Cream; and they do have a sheen in the sink picture. The problem is that while this was ripening I was in Mississippi 800 miles away at school, so I have basically no contact with the harvesting experience save these pictures.

It also doesn't help that my parents kept so little (gave a lot to friends and family), which is fine, but the little that they kept was mostly cooked unripe as boiled banana in stews and such so I have no idea how "sweet" they taste.

You've made some pretty good points though, and that last picture with the Ice Cream is certainly greener than mine looked in the sink, so I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility

Lastly, are Bluggoes more of a starchy cooking banana or do they still sweeten dessert-style when ripening? And what is the normal amount of fingers for Ice Creams to bear? This plant had about 70 bananas.

Although this mat has put out its second flower already (less than a year from the first I think), it's incredibly crowded over there since my bananas went haywire while I was away so I don't think I'll get much out of it. Will have to do a large scale clearing project before I go back.