Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
NewbieNanar

BananaBucks : 1,833
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Unhappy Help

Hello my name is Tiffany and I am a proud new owner of a grand nain banana tree. Well the place sold a 2 pack for twenty five bucks. So i took one and gave one to a friend. I live in Illinois and our hardiness zone is a 5-6. I decided to plant it in a pot so I would not have to winterize the tree. My plant is flourishing even though I am clueless about plants. I have about 9 beautiful leaves and is almost two feet tall. My leaves are growing like bananas lol. Anyways I am learning along the way the things he likes and dislikes because the leaves shrivel up when he is discontented. With that said the problem is the other one. Mistake number one is he planted it in the ground in mid-spring cold night weather and I suggested after two weeks of being in ground to move him to a small pot. When the plant was in the ground it was regular ground soil. So mistake number two was he put it in a large container about id say 3 gallon for a small 3 leaf tree that looked sick.With some funky bagged soil that smelled? So seemingly since mine is doing well I took on the second one to revive it so to say. I re-potted it which is 3rd transplant within 30 days. I changed to a small 8 oz pot to get it be healthy since it is small. All i had at the time. Plus I changed to miracle grow potting soil that has a mositure additive. I trimmed the leave and watered it as needed plus daily mistings. So with that said it has not done anything and i am very concerned its beyond dead. Two of three leave look sick and one is ok. I dont know what to do please help. Need advice on how to revive over transplanted plant.
NewbieNanar is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To NewbieNanar

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors