Thread: Winter Update.
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Taylor

Zone: 8a
Name: Taylor
BananaBucks : 210,804
Said "Thanks" 355 Times
Was Thanked 662 Times in 334 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 283 Times
Exclamation Winter Update.

Hello Everyone,
Since my last update(in the Spring), now everything is in the basement or in the Shop! Heres some photos for you. They are a little bigger in real life than they look in the pics. Enjoy!
Here is the basement, I can stand upright in it.

L to R- Cali Gold, Gran Nain and D Cavendish (6-7 feet all 3)

Miscellaneous- I see Musella Lasiocarpa, an unhappy Bordelon? And a fair Zebrina, I think!(mislabeled in Gallery)

I Dont Know which ones these are (I see Musella Lasiocarpa at least)

Big Stem is Cali Gold(this is the smaller one, about 3 ft) I couldn't think of any other way to store the small ones so i just put them on these crates...

This is Tall Orinoco from Frank Glavin. Its only about 4 feet but the shot makes it look larger. It was dark until the flash, so I accidentally didn't get the corm in the pic(quite big corm!) Thanks Frank. I dug everything up this year so it isn't that I didn't trust your word on hardiness, I do.

Corms (L to R) Pitogo, Saba, Lav Ornata(2)?, 2 pups from Franks Tall Orinoco, Truly Tiny.

Dormant EE Bulbs(The leaves aren't dieing on some of them yet)

Mats- L to R, Ornata, Ornata Royal Purple, and then 2 single Ornatas (If anyone wants the 2 pups LMK) It apparently isn't warm enough because they are still growin!

Mini-Garden Winterized, Just White Butterfly Ginger left outside for winter.(Cut Canna to ground as advised by Randy for appeal)

Will anything grow down here(basement)? Change bulbs? (Heliconia & Bamboo rhizomes dormant in pots + 1 Alpinia)

Blooming Velutina at 3 feet from Randy's 10 Foot mat! 11/14 I cut the leaves off! Is that right?(Saw it in a pic, but the fruit was ripe in that pic) Oh well its the wrong time of year anyway...

Plants in Workshop for winter...stays about 50 degrees low, but typically a fire going, so 65 sometimes. Citrus Agave Brugs Bananas Gardenias Etc

Just testing Annual Rye from 2006 Germ rate mixed with Cabbage seed

Thanks for lookin. I've been promising this thread, and here it is!
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Taylor

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors