View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
CMatt527

Zone: 9-10
BananaBucks : 12,242
Said "Thanks" 20 Times
Was Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Steer Manure, Chicken Manure, or Bat Guano?

Hi all finally about ready to get my various banana plants in the ground and I'm debating on what to amend the soil with for the initial planting. I've heard plenty of good arguments on several different forms of fertilizer/manure/guano amendments to get bananas off to a good start but wanted your alls input. I've already got sites selected and dug up and have a large supply of fresh compost from my own compost pile to mix into the existing soil but wanted to see what you all thought would be the best between steer manure, chicken manure, or bat guano to mix in. All are readily available near by and the steer and chicken manure at least are quite cheap, bat guano on the other hand is quite expensive but I've been told that's what commercial growers in the area had used when they were still in business. Thanks much!

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors