View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
yeehova

BananaBucks : 4,767
Said "Thanks" 3 Times
Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 7 Times
Default Failed Germination?

So,
I ordered ten Musa Sikkimensis, ten Helen's Hybrid, and several Ensete Ventricosum seeds and started the germination process in early February, but I have failed to start a single sprout. I soaked the seeds for a couple of days in tap water and then put them into a shallow pot with moist peat moss. I have been sporadically applying bottom heat and popping them into the refrigerator for short spells rather randomly. They have been kept near a window with bright western afternoon light in a room kept at 78 degrees Fahrenheit. In the exact same conditions, and even in the same shallow pot, I have had several Canna Indica seedlings sprout right up without any sort of seed scarification. I know I should have a more definite plan, but at this stage, have I damaged the seedlings?
yeehova is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To yeehova

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors