View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
sunfish
Banned

Zone: 9-11
Name: Tony
BananaBucks : 947,798
Said "Thanks" 3,210 Times
Was Thanked 20,591 Times in 7,760 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2,716 Times
Default Re: Should I re pot my banana and remove the big pup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner_Bananner21 View Post
pictures of the plant are in my gallery. I'm not sure how to add them right here sorry.

I lifted the plant out of the pot with the dirt surrounding. It is not root bound but the roots do reach the bottom of the dirt. The pup is crowded by the mother plant and is kind of growing fanned upwards like a windmill.

I wanted to slice the pup off the mother and re plant in a smaller pot, and re pot mother into a bigger pot, because i know when late spring then summer hits it grows like crazy, it doubled in size last summer. I put it outside in the summer and bring it in at night (nova scotia) and in winter i keep it on a stool in front of a window and i mist it with water everyday and water it once a week by putting it in the shower for 15 minutes on barley luke warm ( i dont have city water so no chlorine).it loves it!

So, should i re pot just the pup and leave the mom in the same pot or can i safely re pot both? i am going to wait until spring to do this though..well it is spring but the ground hog lied, we got like 20 cm of snow today..
I would do just like you say. Cut the pup off and pot it up and re-pot the mother plant
sunfish is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To sunfish