View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
Magilla Gorilla

Zone: 10
Name: Andrew
BananaBucks : 207,237
Said "Thanks" 612 Times
Was Thanked 1,183 Times in 357 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 79 Times
Default Re: A few variegated plants

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoese View Post
That BOP is really cool looking. I've never seen another like it.
Mahalo Mitchel. I found this plant at K-mart in Santa Barbara with a pallet of other Bird of paradise plants. It was the only variegated one. It was in a five gallon pot with two other birds that were not variegated. My wife was with me and I said "holy crap" I can't beleive my eyes. She said, you have enough plants and it's just a bird of paradise! Of course, I said it's not just a bird. I had to buy it. I think it was $15.99. I planted the other two in Santa Barbara and maybe they will push out variegated pups? I leagally imported this plant to Hawaii when I moved last year. It is the most variegated bird I have ever seen. It continues to push out amazing variegated leaves. I have a variegated large bird I left in Santa Barbara. It has a slight amount of variegation.

I would love to learn how to collect seeds from the flower. I have tried before but was unsuccessful. Anyone ever collect seeds from a bird of paradise?

Find more about Weather in Kailua Kona, HI
Magilla Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Magilla Gorilla
Said thanks: