View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 04:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
roebok

BananaBucks : 11,340
Said "Thanks" 3 Times
Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Banana Plant with Black Spots

Hello All!

I am glad to have found you and would like to ask any of your expert advice to help resolve an issue with my banana plant asap!

The background is, that between beautiful thriving (to which I would LOVE it to return!), it has suffered one extreme drought, after which I put it in the garden where it seemed to get on and unfortunately left it out over the first frost (in Austria), where it went down to approximately -4°C or so. The next day I brought it in, but it really suffered. It has not recovered and on that day too developed black spots. It has been inside for about a week. There is little sunlight here (I am thinking of getting a glasshouse for the winter), but I thought the new stems coming out remained intact, when I looked every day. Today, I saw these too are developing black spots.

My main question is: in so far as a drought and an undercooling is concerned, how does this affect the root(s)?

Thank you so much, in advance, for any advice. I may put up a photo of it here.. it really was gorgeous a while ago. Stunningly beautiful.

Many best wishes,

Rebecca
roebok is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To roebok
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors