View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
flaflowerfloozie
flaflowerfloozie

Zone: 10
Name: Flaflowerfloozie
BananaBucks : 82,980
Said "Thanks" 372 Times
Was Thanked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 508 Times
Talking Re: Who's growing Musa Itinerans?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniPerez View Post
I bought this one from Sandy at Northern Tropics. It's the Mekong Giant. So far it's doing great. Definitely grew at a faster rate than my Musa basjoos. Bought it at about two feet tall in July. It is planted about a foot deeper into the ground, so with that in mind I'd say it is now 4-5 feet tall just with the above-ground height.
I live in Central Florida but my family is from upstate NY...my Aunt in Helena my Great Aunt & Uncle in Buffalo, nieces and nephews in the city others in Earlton & Greenville... I don't know how you all deal with all that snow for 5 months every year...not me! In February I will still have days worthy of shorts and a t-shirt and blooming tropicals happily pulling weeds.
Will you have to dig and store for the winter? I cringe at the thought. I still have stuff I have to drag in on (OUR) cold blasts for my deep tropicals, I shouldn't even talk...my Noni berry is getting big, next pot will have rollers...UGGG