View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
LaLabella

BananaBucks : 2,072
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Pinwheel Hi What typ of Banana Plant do i have plz?

Hello all i am new to all of this i recently bought a house that has banana plants about 2 weeks ago i noticed a hook formed shape growing out the center that later produced a purple pod that now hangs down pointing towards the ground. I would like to know what kind of banana tree i have and what i need to do... everday i new leaf opens up and reveals baby bananas under it. I live in central florida and it is october will these bananas do alright through the colder months?? when do i harvest them please i have no clue what i am doing here but am very interested in learning about bananas so i can continue to get more..... as i understand it from what i am reading i am to cut the stalk down to the ground after i have harvested the bananas and chop up the stalk and sprinkle it around the remaining plants...is this correct... please any information that can be provided to help me along my journey of caring for and harvesting banana trees would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by LaLabella : 10-09-2012 at 11:29 AM.
LaLabella is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To LaLabella

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors