The cold hardy list
I haven't seen one of these yet on this forum so here goes from my experience(and things I have heard) in a cold northern Califonia zone 8a, but probally closer to zone 7b(walked on the frozen pond last winter).
1. Musa basjoo (Musa basjoo 'Sapporo' supposed to be hardiest)
2. Musa sikkimensis (many varities avaiable, hardiness may vary)
3. Mussela lasiocarpa
4. Musa 'Yunnan'(agri starts calls it simply Musa initerans)
5. Musa 'Nepal' available in Europe, as well as maybe Musa 'Tibet'
6. Musa 'Helens hybrid' (other sikkimensis hybrids may over winter well also)
7. Musa thompsonii (seemed hardy for me, but not for others)
8. Musa 'Bhutan' (some seedlings much hardier than others, and looked different)
The rest I'm not so sure about the order, but here goes any ways.
9. Musa veluntia
10. Musa violescens (waxy veluntia hybrid)
11. Musa orinico (spelled wrong)
12. Musa ornata (from seed)
13. Musa ornata 'Royal Purple'
14. Musa cheesmanii
Feel free to add or rearrange this temporary list from your experience. I probally forgot or haven't tried a few others(M. manni, M. brazilian, ect)
What has been your experience?