View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Olafhenny

Zone: Hardiness Zone 6
Name: Olaf
BananaBucks : 245,300
Said "Thanks" 2,050 Times
Was Thanked 2,012 Times in 876 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 77 Times
Default Re: banana sap stains

Hi Jeffrey,

nothing is more easy than getting fruit stains out of clothing, table cloths etc.:

Place the fabric with the spot over a small dish or bowl, dishing the textile a bit, so that the spot will
be at the bottom of the dished cloth, bring a small amount of water to a boil (a little Pyrex pitcher in
the microwave will do) and pour the water on/through the spot, which will magically disappear in
seconds.

It works for cherry, blueberry, red wine, tomato as well as ketchup and all other fruit stains I have
ever tried it on, no matter if they happened doday or date back a month.

Caveat: I have never been confronted with banana stains (bananas do not drip ), but I do not
see, why it should not work there too, because the procedure does not just remove the red pigment,
but all the other fruit residue as well.

It is save even with cold- and hand-wash items, because you only use it on a small section of the
garment at the time, thus shrinkage does not occur.

I would advice strongly against bleach, even on white fabric, because there are >100 different
shades of white and the one you will end up with is bound to be different from the rest of the
'white' material.

The 'boiling water' thing is completely without risk, unless you pour it over yourself.

Try it and let us know, how you made out.

Best,
Olaf

Olafhenny is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Olafhenny
Said thanks: