View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
tapar

Zone: 5-6
Name: Will
BananaBucks : 1,647
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Cold indoor bananas at ~60° year round?

Howdy!

I am a total newbie when it comes to anything about banana's other than eating them. Actually, I am pretty new to that too considering there are so many varieties I have never tried. I was looking into growing fruit tree's indoors and discovered that people were growing banana tree's. I really like that idea but I don't know how viable it is in my situation so I am hoping for some advice.

I live in an apartment and it is generally around 61°-65° during the summer and can get to about 70°-72° in the winter. That sounds backwards I know but in the winter my neighbor's running the heat makes my apartment hot.

I was thinking that it would be awesome to grow a banana tree but I don't know if those temperatures are compatible with any banana varieties. I figure if the air temp isn't a problem I can move on from there. Any thoughts or opinions on the subject would be greatly appreciated!
tapar is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To tapar

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors