View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
venturabananas

Zone: 10
Name: Mark
BananaBucks : 239,010
Said "Thanks" 1,752 Times
Was Thanked 3,968 Times in 1,713 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 39 Times
Default Re: Truly Tiny Banana --worth getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfish View Post
A sport of Dwarf Brazilian exhibiting super dwarf characteristics with vigorous growth. Does very well in containers and border plantings. It is reported to yield small fruits of 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches at around 3 feet with a flavor similar to Brazilian.
I've seen this description in the Wiki, but I think it is wrong. All the pictures I've seen of Truly Tiny show a plant that is a Cavendish variety, not a Brazilian. The wine blotches are too intense and the petioles are too open and spreading to be an AAB plant, from what I can tell.

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors