Thread: Dragon Fruit
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #628 (permalink)
SOCALROCKER
California Nana Grower

Zone: 9B
Name: Mitch
BananaBucks : 39,732
Said "Thanks" 24 Times
Was Thanked 107 Times in 49 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default Re: Dragon Fruit

This was my first time that my DF have flowered,and I'm really happy because the waiting time can be to much stress for a grower.I had a total of eight flowers this month pop up and 5 have survived.I hope that next year I get more flowers so I can enjoy the delicious fruit.My winters here get to freezing temps and I had a few plants get really soggy branches due to frost.They have all come back to life.It was very hot and humid here for a few weeks and my DF have started to have new branch growth appear on most all my DF.I have been feeding my plants Gardeners composted chicken manure,and Lily Millers "Ultra Green" 10-10-10.So far what ever I am doing so far is working.I have had so much new branch growth since changing my feeding.My only question is I have all my DF growing in these 25 gallon pot's and since they are black do you think I should put some shade on them so they dont get to hot in the summer.Will the heat on the plastic cause any growing problems or slow down fruiting production? So far since planting them in my soil mix, the 25 gallon pots and feeding they have all grown very well. I am now waiting for new buds to pop up since the summer is not over yet! The flower that died on the branch never even got to open which upset me very much. I hope for a few more buds to grow.

Last edited by SOCALROCKER : 07-20-2012 at 05:32 PM.
SOCALROCKER is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To SOCALROCKER