View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
andy17

Zone: 8b
Name: Andy
BananaBucks : 101,983
Said "Thanks" 251 Times
Was Thanked 154 Times in 99 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 18 Times
Default Re: Best Tasting Cavendish

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
The best cavendish is the one you got in your hand !
I will say this … My Cavendish (dwarf) + (normal) taste so much different than any store bought banana I sometimes wonder if the store bought stuff is real! Then there is a guy who lives in a condo with about 40 square feet of front yard, he got Cavendish growing there for a few years now. I beg him for his fruit .. They are that good!!! Williams also taste pretty darn good. But I bet no one can say that any one of them is the best because of personal taste And where they grow seems to make a considerable difference in taste .. I've even heard people say leaving PUP's on the plant wile it's fruiting makes a difference in flavor..
@trebor Thanks! I guess home grown anything can taste substantially better than supermarket stuff. I didn't know that so many factors could influence flavor that much. When reading your post, I immediately thought of coffee and how people can taste the difference between Sumatra and Colombian grown coffee because the climates and soils vary enough to notably impact the flavor. Very interesting!

andy17 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To andy17
Said thanks: