View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dangermouse01

BananaBucks : 51,630
Said "Thanks" 60 Times
Was Thanked 875 Times in 233 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Re: 25 gallon Nursery pots.

If you have a local nursery that you frequent enough that the people there recognize you, ask them if they have any used ones that they might want to sell.
A while back, I was looking for about 15, 3 gallon pots, I knew that the nursery I spend money at sells them cheaper than the Lowes or Home Depot. Stopped in told the worker what I was looking for, she said they had new ones for sale or she would sell me used ones for 75 cents each, bought what I needed. Went a different time, asked a different worker if they had any used 3 gallons for sale, she said "no, but we have new ones for sale". Walked thru the yard found the person who sold them to me before, asked her, she said "sure, how many do you need". So now knowing who to ask, last week went and said I was looking for some 7 gallons, she asked how many, then said she would look to see if they had any used ones. They did, and she sold them to me for half of what they sell the new ones for, and about the only difference was they were dirty, not ripped, cut up or anything.
I dont think they would have many used ones in 25 gallons, but you never know. But they would probably order them if you asked them to include them in their next order, and might give you a decent deal.

Never hurts to ask.

DM
Dangermouse01 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Dangermouse01
Said thanks: