View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
hanabananaman

Zone: 9-10
Name: Larry
BananaBucks : 46,688
Said "Thanks" 230 Times
Was Thanked 143 Times in 68 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 183 Times
Bananas Brindando Trying foggers for temp control

The temps will be over 110 very soon and I just put up some Netafim foggers that work amazingly well. I still need to work out how high and exactly where to put them. I dont think the water will cause any issue with too much soil moisture but some of the leaves are quite wet unless I move the fogger to adjust for a steady wind direction. Will the hard water deposits on the leaves be any problem? How about being wet in blazing heat? I spray them with distilled water to clean them once every few days and regular water a few times a day if its not hot enough for foggers. I have 30% shade screen going from 11:30 till 2:00. I'm thinking of keeping it on even later if its over 110. They start getting shade from a tree at 2:45 and are all shaded by 4:00. I just got some 10% screen that could be doubled to 20%
My Ice Cream went in the ground about 5 weeks ago and it puts out a leaf every 6 or 7 days. It seems to be handling the heat better the last few days, I am watering every morning and need to know when the roots will be established enough to back off the water a little. I have 2 Ladyfingers that went into another mat that are doing well.
Thanks to all who have welcomed me, I am dealing with alot of health issues right now and apologize that I have not taken the time yet to return your messages. I am also a bit computer challenged and am in a race against the heat. Believe it or not 105 is not that bad after you deal with 115. There is a huge difference. I used to work outside and my hottest day was 118.
Thanks for all the help
hanabananaman is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To hanabananaman
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors