View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
bananafarmer

BananaBucks : 23,542
Said "Thanks" 34 Times
Was Thanked 121 Times in 46 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 39 Times
Default Re: Creating my own Fert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Go ahead and make a relatively small dry test mixture. Be sure to wear protective gloves and eye wear in case some reaction occurs.

After mixing well, add 1 level teaspoon to 1 gallon of clean water; or about 15.6 cc to 4 liters. Be careful of fumes. Mix, let sit for several hours, and mix again. Check the pH.

The desired pH range is 6 to 6.5. If it is between 5 and 6, then adding small amounts of Calcium Carbonate will raise the pH without significantly altering the nutrient properties.

If the pH is below 5 or above 7 (doubtful) then you'll need to rethink your mixture.

Mycorrhizae (Mikoriza) are fungal spores. They must come in contact with roots within a few hours of mix with water or soils. Application above ground by water or cultivator is not effective. Application to bare roots is the best method.
Thank you Richard, I will use your method and check the ph-level,

about the Mikoriza-app, I am using mini-sprinklers that cover all the ground, there are many of them.

The roots are very close to the surface, I watered a lot and I suppose the application directly got to the roots. None of the watering-water gets lost.

Greetings
bananafarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To bananafarmer
Said thanks: