View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
JStinson

BananaBucks : 6,356
Said "Thanks" 6 Times
Was Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Stunted Passaflora

I have four passiflora plants growing right now. They have been in the ground for about a month, and three of the four have roughly tripled in height. The fourth one, I believe it's a Possum Purple, is in the slow group. It's growing slower than the others, you can especially tell it since I fertilized them last Thursday. The three are growing like mad, while that one just kinda strolls along at its own leisurely pace.

Here's my theory: The slow plant has a branch on it while the others do not have branches worth mentioning. The branch on the slow one is about a third to half of the size of the main stalk. Is the growth speed being impeded by this branch? Should I remove it? What's the deal?

Thanks!
JStinson is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To JStinson

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors