View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
barnetmill
barnetmill

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 68,830
Said "Thanks" 110 Times
Was Thanked 319 Times in 202 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 37 Times
Default Re: Fruiting Cactus, spineless for Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman View Post
I'm trimming some trees right now to allow for my well (need room for the derrick) and to open up some areas with more sun for more figs and maybe a catalpa. LOL Since I can't eat the worms it will not have the priority of the edibles. Now if I could get a fisherman to trade Catfish for worms I might do that!

On a banana note........
Talk to some of the people that run trot lines on our local rivers. Avoid fish from areas that have PCB advisories like Escambia Bay and lower River and our local bayous.

How deep are you going with your well? The main producing zone in Pensacola is about 100-220 ft down in most places. We have a sand and gravel aquifer and the Floridan is much, much deeper and salty in our region and full of pollutants from Monsanto's et al, deep well waste injection. Since I live next to a creek (Barnettmill Ck) I am thinking of just digging a deep hole by the creek with a rented backhole and using a trash pump to obtain water for irrigation. I live on a slope and need to calculate that factor for transporting water up the slope.
barnetmill is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To barnetmill
Said thanks: