Thread: TC Gros Michel
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Chance1945

Zone: 9
Name: Terry
BananaBucks : 79,314
Said "Thanks" 140 Times
Was Thanked 220 Times in 129 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 58 Times
Default Re: TC Gros Michel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFin View Post
Here's an updated pic of my Gros Michel:

I used to have two but I annihilated one (along with an unsuspecting Glui Khai and almost my Zan Moreno, which has managed to pull through).

Bananas are tough, but they can be killed if you're persistent enough. I've found that if I receive a tc plant in the mail after it has traveled a thousand miles in a box, then do my best to shock it by scrubbing all the dirt off its roots and immediately planting it underwater in a solar furnace without allowing it to acclimate, it'll still flourish in spite of it all. But if I then ratchet things up even further by digging it up and moving it a week or two later, and then doing so again after another week or two, then there's about a 50-50 shot it'll call it quits.

The things are so tough that I'd almost gotten to the point of treating them as if they were indestructible, even as young tc plants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFin View Post
Wow, that sure is nice of you, Terry! But I wouldn't feel right about it since it was entirely my fault. You did a good job of shipping them and both plants were perfectly healthy and vigorous when they arrived (and even after the first couple of rounds of abuse). Not to mention you were already doing us all a favor in the first place by buying some trays of Gros Michel to share with us.

I had thought about buying another one, but had decided that since my space is getting so tight, it might be a good thing to just have one right now. (Of course, the banana addict within me always thinks otherwise lol.)

Thanks again for the kind offer!
I'll set one aside for you anyway and if the banana addict finds space then you'll have one ready.
Chance1945 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Chance1945
Said thanks: