View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
bananimal

Zone: 10a
Name: Dan
BananaBucks : 561,487
Said "Thanks" 4,688 Times
Was Thanked 4,979 Times in 1,509 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 191 Times
Default Re: Where are all the Aussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skids View Post
I have a different recollection of proceedings...

If I remember, I posted on an oldish thread I'd created and had not touched since about this time last year. It was after winter had finished I bumped the thread again. I didn't get a reply, and said that because nobody seemed to give a fat rat's about it, there wasn't much point continuing posting. Which at the time seemed reasonable, after all, no point banging your head against a wall. I came back a while later, and someone had replied and I begged pardon. I don't recall implying anything about expert advice in my 'fat rat's' comment, I suppose I could reread the thread.

But anyway, I apologize, as I said it was something that was important to me, but I can understand that it wasn't to others. I'll leave it at that. Sorry again. I'll get back to not saying anything as I have less chance of saying something foolish that way.

Thanks for all the expert advice that I have received here.
Nothing to beg pardon for. Idiomatic expressions throughout the English speaking countries are great fun to discover. Same for the more familiar foreign tounges in the US. Boy do I miss Swearsaurus -- I almost tossed my cookies once reading the English translations.

This time of year gardeners in the southern USA have to spend extra time outdoors along with everything else. Many do not check online as frequently. There is also the issue of burnout -- most of the forum experts tire of the same questions being asked repeatedly. Exception - Richard. Most information needed for queries like "how do I separate pups from the mother naner" is archived right here on b.org. A bit of a search, and answers are free -- no waiting.

And, as for the expression " I don't give a fat rat's cloaca" ---- it is forever part of my ever expanding arsenal of retorts. I have stopped dead -- heated arguments from escalating over the years with "Just hop on the truck, I'll be out in a minute". The puzzeled looks and stutttering responses ---- priceless. Got that one from a coworker 20 years ago. Great way to end phone solicitations also.

Dan

Last edited by bananimal : 04-21-2012 at 07:17 AM. Reason: sp
bananimal is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To bananimal