View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
ivo_nekitov

Zone: 7a
Name: Ivo
BananaBucks : 23,465
Said "Thanks" 216 Times
Was Thanked 61 Times in 21 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 20 Times
Send a message via ICQ to ivo_nekitov
Default Re: What I planted today

Wounded beast
I received it on a Christmas and kept in warm room (22-23 degrees C(73 F)all day and night) but with a little sunshine, till march when I planted it in this location on a photo. Unfortunately few days after planting I had -7 C (19 F) and despite that "protection" the plant has some burned leaves (that one outside plastic folio).
The last 3 spears are weak and are not stunning but are falling down(they are alive and green now, when planted were yellow, I feed it with Fe so they changed in green), just weak. Hope next weeks it will go better with the cooling and the sun...

My last frost was on a 15 march(or maybe 17th, have to take a look at the station archive). Till 10th of april have another 3 days with a 0.7, 0.9 degrees C (33.2 - 33.3 F)but still no air frost. In lower parts of plains of course, there were some light frosts. But that's all, now we have may temperatures allready, few degrees above april norma.

This is my favorite palm, Jubaea Chillensis

Very beautiful plant)
Purchased some dozens of mini-coco-nuts and planted in pots. Now I'm waiting them to sprout Course, I know that have to be very patient

Last edited by ivo_nekitov : 04-17-2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: edit
ivo_nekitov is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To ivo_nekitov