View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
novisyatria
Tissue Culturist

Name: Novi Syatria
BananaBucks : 415,350
Said "Thanks" 15 Times
Was Thanked 696 Times in 205 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to novisyatria
Default Re: Step by Step How To Tissue Culturing Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2710 View Post
Dear Novi,

Thank you for your step by step guide on TC of bananas.

I am new in this forum with some basic knowledge of TC and was looking for help on doing TC of banana at home.

Based on your step by step guide I have some questions:-

1. What is the ideal length and diameter of the suckers ?

2. Once I get the suckers (say from site of cultivation) , how long can they be stored at home before TC ?

3. I guess I may have to store it minimum 1 day at home before doing TC. How should I store them during this intermediate time ?

4. Is there any basic guidelines on preparing the crom ? Like how much to cut from the base and how much to cut from the top part (process between image 1 to image 2)?

5. What should be the ideal / average size of the prepared crom (step 1,image 2 )?

6. If I am doing TC of more than 1 sucker at one go (since I will prepare a min. 500ml or 1lit media), what is the sequence for sterilization ?
Example :- If I have 10 suckers, do I need 10 different bottles of bleach and 10 different bottles of sterile water ?
Or should I put all 10 into one large container containing bleach and another containg sterile water ?

7. Which part of the sterilization process can be done outside the hood and which part inside the hood ?

8. What should be the ideal / average size of explant before dividing into two (after step 6, image 6)?

I am not clear regarding the above. Clarifications on the above doubts would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Amit
hi
1. suckers? you mean corm ? or plantlets?
2. we can keep corm as long as its still good about aweek
3. keep it at temperature room and dry
4. no yet
5. about 5-8 cm diameter
6. i have 2 corm in one bootle so more economic
7. stage 1-2 outside hood but mext must do in hood/LAminar
8. about 3 cm
sorry my english not well. hope you succes with your TC
Said thanks: